Search

Home -> Visiting Palma -> Emblematic Buildings

 
 

 

Sea Consulate

Consolat Mar

The Sea Consulate was created in 1326 as the headquarters of the Tribunal for maritime affairs. The fašade is three floors high. On the noble floor we find a gallery with five lowered arches supported on banded columns and a balaustrade; this gallery has five doorways with triangular pediments. On the lateral fašade facing the Lonja Exchange we find the old Lonja chapel built following the late Gothic style, that was finished in the year 1600.

At present, the Sea Consulate is the headquarters of the Government of the Balearic Islands

Address

Passeig  Sagrera, 7

07012 Palma (Illes Balears)

View in Google Maps View in Google Maps

Multimedia gallery

Images

Consolat Mar

Date of last modification: 20 of December 2016

© Ajuntament de Palma - Turisme. Street del Socors 22. 07002 Palma (Illes Balears) Telephone: 971 22 59 86 | Fax: 971 22 59 93